On Who I am, and what I want to Do...Followup

I have a confession to make. I haven't been reading my Bible much this week.

So, I finally had some free time today, and sat down to read my daily Psalms. When I'm following my plan, it goes like this: at least 5 Psalms a day and 1 Proverbs a day. If I have additional time, some part of the Old Testament, usually one of the Prophets. (I typically tend to read the New Testament separately from my planned time.)

If I stick to this plan, it gets me through the Psalms and Proverbs every month. (5 psalms x30 days = all 150 psalms/month. 1 chapter/day in Proverbs = all 31 chapters/month.)

So today being the 26th, 26x5 = 130, so I sat down to read Ps. 126-130.

I love the Scriptures. So often they say exactly what I need to read at the time. And this was the case today.

Earlier this week, I recently came to the monumental conclusion that all I want in life is to be a true and good Husband and (if possible) father — "hearth and home," as my Mom so succinctly put it in a conversation yesterday.

So imagine my joy to have the first thing I read in the Scriptures after this crystallization be the following:

Ps. 126 (LXX)
1An ode of ascents; for Solomon.

Unless the Lord build the house,
Those who build it labor in vain:
Unless the Lord guard the city,
Those who guard it stay awake in vain.
2It is vain for you to rise early,
To awaken from your rest,
You who eat the bread of grief,
When He gives His beloved ones sleep.

3Behold, children are the Lord's inheritance;
The fruit of the womb His reward.
4Like arrows in the hand of a mighty one,
So are the children of those who were outcasts.
5Blessed is the man who shall fulfill his desire with them;
They shall not be ashamed, when they speak to their enemies at the gate.


Ps. 127 (LXX)
1An ode of ascents.

Blessed are all who fear the Lord,
Who walk in His ways.

2You shall eat the fruit of your labor;
You are blessed, and it shall be well with you.
3Your wife shall be like a vine,
Prospering on the sides of your house;
Your children like newly planted olive tress
Around your table.

4Behold, so shall the man be blessed who fears the Lord.

5May the Lord bless you from Zion,
And may you see the good things of Jerusalem
All the days of your life;
6May you see your children's children.
Peace be upon Israel.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non-Intervention In the Real World

Complementarianism...Why?

That Jesus Was In Fact Crucified On a Friday, According to the Scriptures