Friday, August 12, 2016

Scott Adams' brainwashing indicators "in the wild"...

If you are not familiar with Scott Adams' How To Identify the Brainwashed, in which he goes over the "tells" that a brainwashed person will display when discussing a topic, you should be.

One of the tells listed is "OMG", followed by either sarcasm or no argument at all.

Well, in a debate last night, I saw this in action first-hand, and it was interesting to see exactly how accurate Mr. Adams' article was:



Earlier in the debate (here is the full debate, for reference), I had been using variations on Mr. Adams' techniques for How To Un-Hypnotize a Rabid Anti-Trumper, so it doesn't surprise me that I got a result he has encountered, but it was still thrilling to see it "in the wild".

And of course, my interlocutor immediately took it as a personal insult that I would point this out to him, in spite of the fact that we are all brainwashed in one way or another.

I guess I hit a nerve?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Feel free to comment. However, I was getting posts from different Anonymous people, and it's difficult to know who is who so I can keep the conversation straight in my head. So I'm requesting that you please bear with my weakness, and identify yourself. Even if you want to use a different name than your real name -- that's fine. But give yourself a handle for me, please. :) Thanks...