I'm Getting Too Old For This S***

The older I get, the less patience I have when it comes to theological discussions, at least online.

I was recently reminded of this. For some odd reason, I was under the impression that a particular forum I'm part of online was a Christian group, and so I was participating in the various discussions with a basic understanding that we were all at least working from the same fundamental worldview.

However, in one particular discussion, one of the moderators jumped into remind everyone (particularly me) that this was NOT a Christian group per se.

Upon this revelation, I realized that I really don't care to participate in the group anymore. (This sort of surprised me as somewhat uncharacteristic of me.)

I wrote up a private reply for the moderator, but I don't think I'm going to send it to him, considering that it might be a little "too much". Nevertheless, in the writing I gained a little insight into my newfound curmudgeonliness:

[Redacted],

I was unaware that the "Theology [the rest redacted]" group was not Christian in it's basic premise.

Theology is the study of God; God is in Christ, reconciling the world to Himself. Ergo, theology is the study of Christ; any other study is the study of false gods, to which I have nothing to add, nor reason to add it.

Christ is He for Whom, by Whom, through Whom, and to Whom all things are and were created and in Whom they consist; any discussion of things divine by necessity must be oriented in Him or be found utterly empty.

I was under the impression that I was in dialogue with people who at least hold these basic tenets. Thank you for disabusing me of that notion. I am busy enough as it is (as can be told from the long delays between my postings); I do not wish to waste time in inane discussions about whatever novelties can be thought up next and called "theology".

[Signed]

In short, I'm getting too old for this s***. Believe in Christ or don't. I'd say I don't care, but I do. I care very much. So allow me to amend myself: "Believe in Christ or don't"? No, scratch that. Believe in Christ. Period. Obey the Gospel. (Ain't nobody got time for this "or don't" stuff.) Get into Christ and stay there; you can't do better theology than that!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non-Intervention In the Real World

Complementarianism...Why?

That Jesus Was In Fact Crucified On a Friday, According to the Scriptures