My new gun...

So I bought a(nother) rifle.  My first rifle is a .22, so not sure if it really qualifies...haha.

Anyway, this new one is a Ruger Gunsite Scout, (caliber .308).



I took it out to the range last Friday, and put 30 rounds through it: Ten 140 grain rounds, ten 150 grain, and ten 180 grain.

I was using the unadjusted (i.e. as-is-out-of-the-box) iron sights at 100 yards.  The results weren't too bad!

Note: this is the last 10 (the 180 grains).

As you can see, the unadjusted iron sights shoot a little high and a little left, on average.  (This is even more obvious from the other 20 shots, but I don't have that photo right now.)

So...while I'm saving up to get a nice scope with mil-dots and all, I went to Wal-Mart and got a cheapo (but functional) $60 scope.  Also, I added a basic sling.  (That was on my .22, but figured it'd probably be more useful on this .308. I'm gonna get another sling for the .22 -- they are pretty cheap.)



As you can see in the photo, I had to remove the picatinny rail to get it to fit the gun, but it's cool.  I can put it back on if whatever nice scope I wind up getting is small enough on the front end, or if I decide to put some kind of long eye relief or red dot/holographic sight or whatever on it instead.

So...I'm planning on taking it back out to the range this Saturday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non-Intervention In the Real World

That Jesus Was In Fact Crucified On a Friday, According to the Scriptures

Complementarianism...Why?