Big Shepherd, Little Shepherd: An exploration of the pastorate, using Ps. 23(22). (Introduction)

Today over at the Stuff Fundies Like blog, Pastor Jack Trieber received quite a bit of criticism for a point he made at the end of a sermon.

I responded, in his defense, on the discussion board for that post. In the course of the discussion, it was asserted that Ps. 23 does not describe the job of a pastor.

I disagreed, and promised to produce this blog post as proof of my counter-assertion: that each promise is made into a pastoral responsibility in the New Testament.

However, I now realize that if I do this as one post, it's going to be a long one! So I'm going to break it down into it's constituent parts, as a blog series.

I'll update each post with a "Table of Contents" at the top as I go. I'll also notify the forum of each one.

May the Lord grant me wisdom and knowledge in the Holy Spirit as I study, and humility in my presentation. Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on us!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non-Intervention In the Real World

That Jesus Was In Fact Crucified On a Friday, According to the Scriptures

Complementarianism...Why?