Great Thought....not original to me, of course. :)

Found this on another blog today:

"A certain merchant in Caesarea sent his servant to the market to buy some provisions. Before very long, the servant returned looking frightened and pale. His master inquired of him the reason for his trembling.

In a trembling voice he said, 'While in the market place I was jostled by a man in the crowd, and when I turned around I saw it was the Angel of Death. He looked at me and made a threatening gesture. Master, please lend me your horse, for I must go to Samaria, where the Angel of Death will not find me!'

The merchant agreed, and the servant mounted the horse and galloped away in great haste. Later that day, the merchant went down to the marketplace, and saw the Angel of Death standing in the crowd. He approached him and said, 'Why did you make a threatening gesture to my servant when you saw him this morning?'

'That was not a threatening gesture,' said the Angel. 'It was only a start of surprise. I was astonished to see him in Caesarea, for I have an appointment with him tonight in Samaria.'"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non-Intervention In the Real World

Complementarianism...Why?

That Jesus Was In Fact Crucified On a Friday, According to the Scriptures