Reply to Comment

"the anonymous" W. Holmes made a good point in the first comment on this post. This post is a reply to that. (I tried to do this as a second comment, but the Comments don't allow the "<sup>" HTML tag, which I use for my footnotes.

That said, here's my reply:
--------------------------------
Great thought, W. I completely concur. As Moses said in Deuteronomy 29:29,

"The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law."

What "things" are revealed to us now? All things (that we need to know, anyway), are revealed in Christ. Indeed, even though the "secret things belong unto the LORD", we can know all we need to know and understand about Him, since He has revealed Himself fully in Jesus Christ, His "Son...Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person,"1 and "[W]ho of God is make unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: that, according as it is written, 'He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.'"2,3 I am reminded of the Hymn, All I Need, which goes like this:

Jesus Christ is made to me,
All I need, all I need,
He alone is all my plea,
He is all I need.

[Refrain

Wisdom righteousness and pow’r,
Holiness forevermore,
My redemption full and sure,
He is all I need.]

Jesus is my all in all,
All I need, all I need,
While He keeps I cannot fall,
He is all I need.

[Refrain]

He redeemed me when He died,
All I need, all I need,
I with Him was crucified,
He is all I need.

[Refrain]

Glory, glory to the Lamb,
All I need, all I need,
By His Spirit sealed I am,
He is all I need.

[Refrain]
As I indicated previously, I can only pray that God will enable the man, by grace, to believe what his mind is telling him is impossible, so that, believing, he would 1) be saved, and 2) begin (through the Spirit, of course4), to "behold the beauty of the LORD", even though he mightwill not understand it all until we see Him face to face.5
--------------------------------
1Heb. 1:3a
21 Cor. 1:30
3Paul quotes Jeremiah 9:23-24, which is highly relevant here:

Thus saith the LORD, 'Let not the wise [man] glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty [man] glory in his might, let not the rich [man] glory in his riches: but let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I [am] the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these [things] I delight,' saith the LORD.
As a comment reply, this post is already getting long, so I'm going to leave the significance of Jer. 9:23, 24, and how it relates to W. Holmes' comment, this comment, and Paul's own letter (i.e. why Paul quoted it) as an exercise for the reader's meditation (and comments, hopefully).

:)
41 Cor. 2:9-16
51 Cor. 13:12

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non-Intervention In the Real World

Complementarianism...Why?

That Jesus Was In Fact Crucified On a Friday, According to the Scriptures